When you step onto Avalon European river cruises, your breath will be taken away by the magic that separates you from everyday life on dry land. You'll glide past imposing medieval castles, lush riverbank vineyards, and remarkable ancient wonders on your European river cruise. Every gentle bend of the river reveals another fascinating sight as your luxurious river cruise ship winds its way through scenic landscapes, delivering you right to where many of Europe's most celebrated cities were born.
Save up to 40%
Ends 03 May 2017
Burgundy & Provence
11 Days FROM
$3,703 per person, twin share
SAVE $2,310 per person
Opportunities abound on this delightful vacation to learn about France and the French. Your adventure begins with an overnight on the French Riviera, also known as the Côte d’Azur. Then, travel to Arles in the Provence region to board your ship and sail into the peaceful Camargue area during dinner (daylight permitting), before returning to Arles. Avignon, charming Viviers, medieval Tournon, Vienne, France’s gastronomic capital of Lyon, as well as, St. Jean de Losne, and fascinating Beaune await you. Take the TGV train from Dijon to Paris, where your vacation ends with two overnights, guided sightseeing, and free time to explore the remarkable “City of Light” on your own! You’re sure to return home with lots of memories and photos to share.
- Cruise: Deluxe 7-night cruise in an outside stateroom with Avalon's exclusive Comfort Collection Beds.
- Cote D'Azur: Onboard welcome reception; sail into the Camargue region (daylight permitting).
- Arles: Guided sightseeing, visit the Roman Amphitheatre.
- Avignon: Guided sightseeing, visit Palace of the Popes.
- Cruising-Viviers: Guided walk, visit the Old Town and the cathedral.
- Tournon/Tain L'Hermutage-Vienne: Guided walk in Tournon; guided walk in Vienne.
- Lyon: Guided sightseeing; picture stop on Fourviere Hill.
- Cruising-St.Jean De Losne: Day at leisure; cheese tasting.
- Beaune-Dijon-Paris: Visit the Hotel-Dieu in Beaune; TGV train from Dijon to Paris.
- Paris: Choice of guided sightseeing or 'Heart of Paris' walk, visit Notre Dame Cathedral.
Departure Dates: 21 August 2017. Other dates available at a seasonal surcharge
Supplier Product Code: WLJ
Departure Dates: 10 October 2017; other dates available at a seasonal surcharge.
Supplier Product Code: WAB
15 Days FROM
$7,060* per person, twin share
SAVE $1,300 per person
See the highlights of Central Europe on this enchanting river cruise between Amsterdam and Budapest. Guided sightseeing in each city shows you the highlights, and is conducted by Certified Local Guides. Cruise through the scenic canals of Amsterdam and through the dramatic Rhine Gorge past the legendary Lorelei rock. Spend time in magnificent Cologne, the charming wine village of Rüdesheim, medieval Bamberg, historical Nuremberg, and magical Vienna. Attend a beer tasting in Bamberg and enjoy inside visits of Würzburg’s Bishop’s Residenz, and St. Martin’s Cathedral in Bratislava. While on board, be sure to have your camera ready to capture the scenic beauty, quaint towns, fascinating architecture, and historic buildings dotting the landscape as you sail along.
- Cruise: Deluxe 14-night cruise in an outside stateroom with Avalon's exclusive Comfort Collection Beds
- Amsterdam: Welcome reception; canal cruise.
- Cologne: Choice of guided walk or Jewish Heritage walk.
- Rhine Gorge-Rudesheim: Cruise through the Rhine Gorge; visit Siegfried's Mechanical Musical Instrument Museum in Rudesheim; enjoy a special treat.
- Main River Village: Guided walk.
- Wurzburg: Guided sightseeing, visit the Bishop's Residenz.
- Bamberg: Guided sightseeing, see the Old Town Hall.
- Nuremberg: Choice of guided sightseeing or Nuremberg Rally Grounds tour.
- Regensburg: Guided walk; enjoy a snack at the Historische Wurstkuche; beer tasting.
- Passau: Guided walk.
- Durnstein. Excursion to Gottweig Abbey: Guided walk in Durnstein, see the Stiftskirche; guided visit of Gottweig Abbey.
Vienna: Guided sightseeing.
Bratislava: Guided sightseeing, visit St. Martin's Cathedral.
Budapest: Guided sightseeing, see Fishermen's Bastion and Heroes' Square
9 Days FROM
$2,980* per person, twin share
SAVE $1,300 per person
This holiday will acquaint you with the charms of Amsterdam’s canals, Dordrecht’s harbours and Namur’s cosy medieval squares and streets. There’s a poignant excursion to the Battlefields of Ypres and Eastern Flanders, and guided visits Ghent, Antwerp and Maastricht. Allow yourself to be enchanted by Belgium!
- Cruise: Deluxe 7-night cruise in an outside stateroom with Avalon's exclusive Comfort Collection Beds
- Brussels- Transfer to Namur: Onboard welcome reception.
- Namur: Choice of guided sightseeing; or full day excursion to the Ardennes region including Bastogne.
- Maastricht: Guided sightseeing.
- Antwerp: Guided sightseeing.
- Excursion to the Battlefields of Ypres & Eastern Flanders
- Ghent: Guided sightseeing.
- Rotterdam: Harbour cruise; choice of excursion to either Kinderdijk or Keukenhof Gardens (or, after mid May, Delft).
- Amsterdam: Canal cruise.
Departure Dates: 5 October 2017, other dates available at a seasonal surcharge.
Supplier Product Code: WAN
*Terms & Conditions: Prices are based on per-person/twin-share in a category E cabin (category D cabin for Magnificent Europe), includes port charges, departing on set dates as advertised above. Valid for new 2017 bookings made from 01/04/17 to 03/05/17. Valid for Singles (single supplement applies). Offer not applicable to Junior/Royal Suites (Category S). Offer may not be combined with any other offer except 5% Journeys Club Discount (must present Journeys Club number at time of booking and before full payment is paid to receive discount on the Avalon core cruise and on twin share price, not including upgrades, extra night accommodations, extensions, taxes/fees, tips and supplements/reductions). Non-refundable, non-transferable deposit of $500 per person per cruise required within 7 days to confirm reservation.