Slow Food Tour of Puglia
GALLIPOLI, ALBEROBELLO & LECCE
Savour creamy farm-produced burrata. Sip wine beneath grape-heavy vines. Sample fresh-from-the-ocean seafood. Inspired by the slow food movement, this tour introduces the culinary traditions, tucked away villages and breathtaking architecture in this sublime corner of Italy.
6 Days Tour from $3,395 per person
- 5 nights’ accommodation
- Back-Roads tour leader
- Luxury mini-coach transportation
- European breakfast daily (B)
- 2 x evening meals (D)
- 2 x lunches (L)
- 3 x food and/or wine tastings
- Local guides in Matera & Lecce
- Included Entrances: Castel del Monte, Sassi di Matera, Castellana Caves, Museo della Civilta del Vino Primitivo, and L’Abbazia di Santa Maria di Cerrate.
The Back-Roads Difference
- Taste artisan cheeses at Caseificio Famiglia Olanda
- Stop for lunch amid 18th-century Tenuta in a hilltop masseria
- Step inside the cellar of Castel di Salve to discover wines crafted from Puglia’s indigenous grapes
- Sample the fishermen’s catch in Gallipoli and Polignano a Mare
Tour Code: PUG17
Tour Type: Europe 2017 Tours
** This tour commences from Hotel Oriente, Corso Cavour, 32, 70122 Bari, Italy at 9.00am.
The tour finishes at 5.00pm at Hotel Oriente, Corso Cavour, 32, 70122 Bari, Italy.